31 August 2011

Sweet Hour of Prayer

"And I will praise Your name forever and ever. GREAT is the Lord, and greatly to be praised!" Psalm 145:3

Since we began this journey we have prayed with our children not only for the child the Lord will bless us with but for that child's parents. We pray first and foremost that the Lord would send someone into their path that will teach them the love of their ONE TRUE GOD (in a land where there are millions of 'gods'), and that the Lord would bind satan from causing interferance with them hearing and accepting God's word and that they would truly hear and accept HIS word! How marvelous would it be for this sweet child who was once abandoned to worship at the Lord's feet with his/her biological parents AND Parents born of their heart?!?!

We also pray for our child's salvation. We pray for our younger two to come to know the Lord, and what an honor it is to begin praying for this sweet child's soul!

While praying for this child's parents, we ask that the Lord would strip them of any guilt they may carry. Satan wants each and everyone of us to lug around our guilt, and I want those precious parents to know and experience freedom in Christ!

I have always loved my quiet time with the Lord, but I love sitting in silence and listening to the Lord direct me on how to pray for this child, his/her family, our children we currently have, and our families future as a whole.

We would love for you to join us in prayer as well!



In 1845 William Walford penned these words:



Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!

That calls me from a world of care,

And bids me at my Father’s throne

Make all my wants and wishes known.

In seasons of distress and grief,

My soul has often found relief,

And oft escaped the tempter’s snare,

By thy return, sweet hour of prayer!



Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!

The joys I feel, the bliss I share,

Of those whose anxious spirits burn

With strong desires for thy return!

With such I hasten to the place

Where God my Savior shows His face,

And gladly take my station there,

And wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!



Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!

Thy wings shall my petition bear

To Him whose truth and faithfulness

Engage the waiting soul to bless.

And since He bids me seek His face,

Believe His Word and trust His grace,

I’ll cast on Him my every care,

And wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!



Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!

May I thy consolation share,

Till, from Mount Pisgah’s lofty height,

I view my home and take my flight.

This robe of flesh I’ll drop, and rise

To seize the everlasting prize,

And shout, while passing through the air,

“Farewell, farewell, sweet hour of prayer!”

No comments:

Post a Comment